With the arrival of the Easter bunny it is starting to feel like spring! We hope you have a fun, restful, chocolate-filled long weekend.
Looking for something to do around Calgary this weekend? Here some fun Easter events going on around the city:
- The Butterfield Acres Legendary Easter Egg Hunt || March 30th & 31st || Butterfield Acres || Join the Easter bunny on a special egg hunt on the farm! Enjoy the weather, the baby animals and a special treat when you complete the challenge. This kids event is a hit, don't miss out!
- Easter Extravaganza || March 30th & 31st || The Calgary Zoo || Nothing says Easter quite like cute animals, which is why the Zoo is the perfect long weekend outing. The zoo says, "this year we are learning about pollinators. Eggsploring our native bees and butterflies and how we can help them thrive." Have fun!
- Easter in Kensington || April 1st || Kensington, Calgary || "The community will be hosting an Easter egg hunt—you can pick up a map from a hub tent in front of the Plaza Theatre and visit participating businesses for treats. The hub is where you’ll find the Easter Bunny for photo ops as well as complimentary hot chocolate and coffee. The Easter festivities in Kensington also include a petting zoo with animals from Butterfield Acres, set up by the Naked Leaf tea shop, and Easter-egg painting at Raw Canvas art studio.
Another fun Easter tradition is decorating Easter eggs. While the regular dip-dyed ones are classic and beautiful, the internet is coming up more and more unique ways to make your decorated Easter eggs stand out. Here are some fun decorating tips and tricks to try out this weekend:
- Marbled Easter Eggs: All you need to create marbled Easter eggs "are eggs, olive oil, vinegar and food colouring. The process is really easy; you just dip your eggs in coloured water to dye them, and then dip them again in an oil and coloured water solution to marbleize them! It’s so simple, and the effect is gorgeous" (Happy Hooligans). This is a kid-friendly, natural way to make stand-out Easter eggs!
- Crayon Easter Eggs: Draw on a hard-boiled egg with a waxy crayon, then dye it as you normally would. When it drys, the areas with the crayon markings will be un-dyed! This is because the dye cannot dry on the wax. Have fun writing messages and pictures! For more instructions visit this link.
- Gold Foil Easter Eggs: While this one may be best left for an experienced crafter, the results are truly beautiful. "These guided beauties are chic and grown up versions of Easter eggs. They'll dress up your Easter decor for sure, and you can customize until your heart's content" (Momtastic). Read the instructions on how to make these HERE.
Wishing you and your loved ones an eggcellent Easter weekend!
Your Real Estate Professional,