Selling or Looking to Sell in the New Year? If you’re looking to sell your home in 2013, it’s a great opportunity to make improvements and better position yourself for a successful outcome.
One of the key things a homeowner can do if they’re planning to sell is clear out the clutter. De-cluttering helps to open up the space so the potential buyer can imagine themselves living there and not focusing on stepping around or tripping over the extraneous stuff! De-cluttering and donating will make for a more organized, less stressful move.
Staging your home before you put it on the market is another proven technique for selling a home. Whether you hire a professional home stager or do it yourself, staging a home for sale is a great way to reduce the time it spends on the market. Here are a few tips about successfully staging your home:
• Repaint walls using lighter shades.
• Deep clean the house, with an emphasis on the kitchen and bathrooms. Attend to any maintenance issues while you’re at it.
• Depersonalize the home by removing family photos and personal items. This allows potential buyers to picture the home as their own.
• Arrange furniture to highlight architectural features like fireplaces.
• Decorate with emotional cues in mind. Fresh flowers in a vase, lit candles, or even freshly baked cookies before an open house all help buyers experience what it’d be like to live in the home.
For more great tips on preparing your home for sale contact The Ken Richter Team today.
Your Real Estate Professional,