It's been a chilly day, so heat up the oven; it is time for comfort food. This dessert is easy to make and is the perfect mid-week treat!
3/4 cup of milk
1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
1/4 teaspoon of lemon zest
1/2 teaspoon of lemon juice
1/4 teaspoon of ground allspice
1/4 teaspoon of salt
8 thick slices of whole-grain bread, cut into cubes
1/4 cup of blueberries
- Preheat the oven to 180 C (350 F) and grease 8 cups of a 12 cup muffin tin.
- In a big bowl mix the eggs, milk, vanilla, lemon zest, lemon juice, allspice and salt.
- Add in the bread cubes and stir, soaking everything through, then let set for five minutes.
- Fold in the blueberries, then spoon everything into the greased muffin tins.
- Cook for 12-14 minutes until golden brown!
- Let cool before serving, and drizzle some honey or maple syrup on top for extra sweetness if desired!
Is your mouth watering yet? Enjoy!
Recipe and Photo courtesy of: houseandhome.com
Your Real Estate Professional,