Calgary loves to celebrate the holidays. Here are ten activities happening around the city to check out this holiday season:
- Market Collective: This Christmas market is happening the first three weekends in December and is a great opportunity to find the perfect gift, support local shops and get into the holiday spirit. You'll even get to meet Santa Claus!
- Zoo Lights: A timeless tradition for many Calgarian's, Zoo Lights allows you to experience the Zoo in new and glowing ways. Enjoy the exhibits and wish all the animals a very Merry Christmas!
- The Polar Express Train Ride: Hop aboard the Aspen Crossing train and enjoy a night of Christmas cookies, hot chocolate, carols, and a reading of the story The Polar Express. Each child is given a gift and an unforgettable evening!
- Santa Shuffle 5KM Fun Run: Put on your Santa Hat and bring your family to this fun run that raises money for the Salvation Army. Get active and celebrate the season with other Calgarians!
- The Core's 150 Trees: Head to The Core downtown shopping centre to view a display of 150 trees, along with one giant tree! Each tree will be donated to a family in Calgary before Christmas Eve.
- A Charlie Brown Christmas: Join Vertigo Theatre for a musical night of Charlie Brown and his friends! This family friendly event is a great way to support the arts and laugh with Peanuts and the gang.
- Skate With Santa: Skate with Santa at the Olympic Plaza for free! You can bring your own equipment or rent. Rumour has it Santa's Elves and the Frozen princesses will also be there...
- Maple Shack: Make your own maple taffy at the Calgary Farmer's Market! Enjoy a very traditional winter Canadian activity by savouring real maple syrup just like they did in the old days.
- Teddy Bear Toss: Bring a Teddy Bear to the Calgary Hitmen game on Sunday, December 10th! When the first goal by the Hitmen is scored, through your teddy bear onto the ice! All of them are collected and donated to local charities.
- Once Upon A Christmas at Heritage Park: Celebrate the holidays with Heritage Park and partake in Christmas traditions from our country's past. Great for all ages!
What is your favourite Christmas event in Calgary? Does your family have an activity you do every year? Let us know and share this article with family and friends!
Your Real Estate Professional,