Summertime is in full swing and we are basking in the beautiful weather. This week the weather forecasts all sunshine and 25+ degree weather. If that is not something to celebrate, we don't know what is.
With so much nice weather on the horizon, not to mention the August long weekend, now is a great time to check off any summertime renovations you had on your to-do list. We don't want you to get caught mid-winter with half-finished projects, so here is your reminder to grind it out. Remember: if you get it done today, you won't have to worry about it tomorrow.
Do you want to change things up but aren't sure where to start? Are you wondering what things you should be working on that you have not yet? Look no further. We have got you covered. Here is the ultimate outdoor summer renovation list:
- Paint The Fence: A fresh coat of paint does wonders. Give your property's fence a low-cost upgrade with a new coat of paint and it will look brand new. Not only is this an easy afternoon task that makes a massive difference, but it is simple enough that the whole family can help.
- Waterproof The Deck: There are many different brands of deck stain, clear and tinted, that are waterproof. Using these helps prevent moister from seeping into the wood and damaging it. When it rains, the water will literally roll right off the deck or stay on the surface before evaporating. A waterproof stain will also prevent snow from soaking the wood and freezing it.
- Mow, Rake and De-Weed: Make sure to maintain your garden and grass to make winterizing your yard that much easier come fall. Keep the lawn mowed (it's the law) and begin to harvest any flowers, fruit or vegetables you are growing before the cold comes. Don't forget to water everything with such dry weather out!
- Control Pests: Right now pests may not seem like a huge deal, since many are comfortably living outside and may only travel inside when they need food. However, once summer is over they will begin to take up permeant residence in your home. Do not give them the chance; deal with them now and thank yourself later.
- Fix Outdoor Structures: Whether it is a treehouse, toolshed or fire pit, fix any outdoor structures you have now. Not only will this save you grunt work later, but it will give you the chance to enjoy them during these beautiful summer days! Take advantage of them while you have the opportunity to.
Once you have worked hard to do these small renovations, pour yourself a glass of something cold and make your favorite meal. Kick your feet up and enjoy the fruit of your labor.
Your Real Estate Professional,