Our History Runs Deep
The real estate in Bowness are known for their diversity and their beauty. Most notable are the riverfront properties set on large real estate lots and heritage homes that date back to the very start of the Bowness community. Infills have become increasingly popular among Bowness builders and residents because they allow owners the luxury of a modern home in an already established community. This eclectic property portfolio has become one of the hallmarks of Bowness.
When buying or selling, look no farther than Ken Richter, local resident and Calgary RE/MAX real estate agent for 30+ years. Within his career, Ken has sold over 1,200 homes in Bowness and the neighboring community of Montgomery alone, making him the stand-out expert in the area.
Begin your search for Bowness homes for sale below or discover more about living in Bowness
Bowness Real Estate Statistics
|Avg. Days On Market||71|
Property Types (active listings)
Bowness Real Estate & Homes
- All Listings
- $100,000 - $200,000
- $200,000 - $300,000
- $500,000 - $600,000
- $600,000 - $700,000
- $700,000 - $800,000
- $800,000 - $900,000
- Over $1,000,000
The History of Bowness
Bowness is nestled right into the heart of the Bow Valley, which was carved out of the land by the Bow Glacier. The Bowness area was originally inhabited by the pre-Clovis people, whose presence can be dated back 11,000 years... Read more about the History of Bowness.
Bowness may be part of the City of Calgary, but it has retained its small-town charm. Bowness is a safe, clean, welcoming place for residents and visitors alike. It strives to be a great place for families, maintaining parks, schools, recreation facilities, and shopping centers. Read more about Bowness Today.
Bowness is known and beloved for many reasons..However, one that has stood the test of time is Bowness Park.
Bowness Park has been serving Calgarians for over 100 years, ever since it was donated to the city by John Hextall in 1911... Read more about Bowness Park.
If you are interested in learning more about Bowness, we recommend the following resources:
- Our Blog: We regularly feature blog posts on the beautiful community of Bowness. You can find a wide range of topics from homes on the market to things to do in the community. Check it out!
- My Bowness: The Bowness Community Association runs a website called "My Bowness." Read more about the history of this community, current events happening around the area, volunteer opportunities, ways you can get connected to the neighborhood and more.
- City of Calgary: The City of Calgary's website is full of informative resources on all of Calgary, including Bowness. Learn about community bylaws, amenities, services and more. This website is the authority on all things Calgary; make sure to use it!
- Bowness Community Association: The Bowness Community Association was established in 1963 and is located at 7904 – 43 Avenue N.W., Calgary, AB inside the Bowness Community Association and Arena. The Association is governed and operated by a volunteer Board of Directors, several resident committee volunteers, and last but not least, the Community Association staff.
We want to thank you and the team for all you did to facilitate the sale of our property. We know you did far more than an agent without your background knowledge of the Bowness area and the people who live there could ever have done. We truly appreciate all your efforts which produced such a good and timely result. - Mr & Mrs Mike K
Ken’s sales record and knowledge of the Bowness area, including Bow Crescent, is unsurpassed, and his team's dedication to friendly, professional service is a promise you can count on. Contact Ken Richter today for all your real estate needs!
Ken Richter - Award Winning Service
#1 Selling Bowness & Montgomery Area Specialist for over 25 Consecutive Years*
TOP 6 Individual Agent** at RE/MAX Real Estate (Central), #1 Sales Volume RE/MAX Single Office Worldwide**
A TOP Individual Real Estate Agent in all of RE/MAX Western Canada
*based on number of closed transactions **based on sales volume
Browse More NW Calgary Home Searches
- Arbour Lake
- Banff Trail
- Beddington Heights
- Cambrian Heights
- Capitol Hill
- Country Hills
- Crescent Heights
- Glacier Ridge
- Hidden Valley
- Highland Park
- Hounsfield Heights/Briar Hill
- Huntington Hills
- MacEwan Glen
- Mount Pleasant
- Nolan Hill
- North Haven
- Panorama Hills
- Point McKay
- Rocky Ridge
- Royal Oak
- Sage Hill
- Sandstone Valley
- Scenic Acres
- Silver Springs
- St. Andrews Heights
- Tuxedo Park
- University District
- University Heights
- Valley Ridge
- West Hillhurst
Start searching for your dream home now.
When it comes to convenience, our site is unparalleled. Whether you're in the comfort of your home, or on the go.
Our site works flawlessly on multiple devices so you can find the information you need.