Black Friday, a massive shopping event originating in the United States the Friday following American Thanksgiving, has become increasingly popular in Canada. This annual extravaganza offers Canadians fantastic deals and discounts across a wide array of products. To make the most of this shopping frenzy, here are top tips to navigate Black Friday as a Canadian shopper:
- Sign Up for Alerts and Newsletters: Subscribe to newsletters and sign up for alerts from your favorite retailers. Many stores offer exclusive discounts and early access to deals for subscribers.
- Set a Budget: Create a budget and stick to it. Black Friday deals can be enticing, but it's important not to overspend. Prioritize your purchases and focus on the items you truly need.
- Check Return Policies: Before making a purchase, review the retailer's return policy, especially for Black Friday deals. Ensure you understand the return process in case you need to return or exchange items.
- Consider Shipping Costs: Factor in shipping costs when shopping online. Some retailers may offer free shipping during Black Friday, while others may have specific spending thresholds for free shipping.
- Shop Local and Support Small Businesses: Consider supporting local businesses or smaller retailers. They may also offer discounts on Black Friday, and your support can make a big difference to their business.
- Use Cashback and Rewards Programs: Take advantage of cashback or rewards programs offered by credit cards or online platforms. These programs can help you earn points or cashback on your Black Friday purchases.
- Cyber Monday Deals: Don't forget about Cyber Monday, which follows Black Friday. Many retailers extend their deals or offer additional discounts on this day.
- Avoid Impulse Purchases: Finally, avoid impulse buying. Stick to your list and planned purchases to make the most of your budget and avoid unnecessary spending.
With these tips in mind, Canadian shoppers can maximize their savings and snag the best deals during the Black Friday shopping extravaganza. Happy shopping!Posted by Ken Richter on